This damask linen napkin has been hand dyed using Madder and Goldenrod natural dyes. Stitch resist and stencil techniques were used to make the designs. The fabric has a woven damask design. The size is approximately 52cm x 55cm (20″ x 21.5 “), with a finished hem.
Upcycled, sustainable, renewed
Sustainable methods give new life to this upcycled fabric. This damask linen fabric takes time to complete. The process of natural dyeing is lengthy. I take great care in creating my designs.
The joy of local harvest
Some of my natural dyes are sourced locally. Additionally, I have grown some in my own garden. Other dyes are bought from reliable companies.
Local Goldenrod was sourced for this napkin. My Madder crop is in it’s second year. Next year it will be ready to harvest. I’m looking forward to seeing and using my own Red dye!
Since each item is dyed separately, they are all unique, in both colour and design.
Create something new
Furthermore, this damask linen napkin is ideal, as a piece for a sewing project such as part of a quilt. Or it can become a part of a clothing item, scarf, change purse, pillow cover, handbag, or other.
This Indigo dyed scarf (below) is an example of how these upcycled napkins can be created into a stunning and personal item.
My fabrics have been lovingly dyed and designed, with the commitment and skill of an accomplished artist.
I accept Returns, however some exceptions may apply
A 14 day return policy is in place for all fabric items (tunics, daypacks, scarves, bandanas, napkins) purchased through my website. This means that within 14 days of receiving your item, a request to return can be made
Please read before considering a return:
- Product satisfaction is important to me
- Return eligibility requires that the item must be in the same condition that you received it: unworn, unused, unwashed, with tags in place, original packaging. Proof of purchase is also required
- Please contact me before returning an item in order to inform me as to why you wish to return it
- A request for returning your item must be made within 14 days after receipt of the purchase
- Returns will be accepted and a refund issued after my consideration, that my return policy has been followed
- Return shipping costs will be borne by the purchaser
Care of instructions:
For best care, machine wash cold, with a mild detergent, then tumble dry and iron. Direct exposure to sunlight is not recommended, when drying.