This exquisite vintage, linen fabric has been hand dyed using Indigo and Madder natural dyes, with stencil technique and ecoprinting. The edges are finished and the fabric has a floral woven design. It measures 88cm x 43cm (35″ x 17″). Being an upcycled fabric makes it sustainable and gives it a new life!
Imagine, Design, Gratify
This one of a kind fabric would make an amazing scarf, change purse, or pillow cover. It is also an ideal fabric to be used as part of a tote bag, quilt, or clothing item. There are so many possibilities! A great fabric for sewists and makers! Or, it could be used as a table runner, it’s original purpose!
Images below show some of my dyed fabrics repurposed as tote bags and a scarf
Linen is my fabric of choice, as the fibre is very strong. To guarantee high quality and an enduring fabric, a lower thread count is needed. It is also quick drying.
My fabrics have been dyed and designed, with the commitment and skill of an accomplished artist. Since each item is dyed separately, it is unique, in both colour and design.
Refresh, Transform and Revitalize
Sustainable methods give new life to this upcycled fabric. Renewal means that a new item is created. And landfills have a bit less added to them. The links below show more examples of my upcycled, naturally dyed fabrics.
The process of Natural Dyeing
Firstly, the fabric must be scoured. Since Indigo does not require a mordant for the dye to adhere to the fabric, it may be put directly into the Indigo vat. However, if additional dye colours are required afterwards, the fabric must be mordanted first.
Indigo dye works differently than other natural dyes. The fabric is dipped into the Indigo vat many times, for varying lengths of time. More dips, in the indigo vat means the shade of blue is darker.
Care of instructions: For best care, machine wash or hand wash cold, with a mild detergent. Dab off excess moisture and hang to dry, then iron. Additionally, direct exposure to sunlight, as well as dry cleaning are not recommended. If using as a table runner, keep out of direct sunlight, as with time, it will fade.
RETURN POLICY- I accept Returns, however some exceptions may apply. Before considering a return, please read:
- A 14 day return policy is in place for all fabric items. This means that within 14 days of receiving your item, a request to return can be made.
- Product satisfaction is important to me. Return eligibility requires that the item must be in the same condition that you received it: unused, unwashed, with tags in place, original packaging.
- Also, proof of purchase is required.
- Please contact me before returning an item in order to inform me as to why you wish to return it.
- A request for returning your item must be made within 14 days after receipt of the purchase.
- Returns will be accepted and a refund issued after my consideration, that my return policy has been followed.
- Return shipping costs will be borne by the purchaser.