This delicate 100% silk scarf with madder, safflower and walnut natural dyes features warm and subtle shades of warm coral and peach. The textured lines are a result of the Shibori Itajime technique. This delicate scarf is hemmed and measures 175cm x 35cm. It truly is a piece of original wearable art.
Scarves are an inexpensive, feminine and classy accessory any woman can use.
My scarves are designed in a large variety of colours and styles. I use different fabrics (silk, cotton, linen). This Itajime Shibori on silk scarf, dyed with safflower, walnut and madder dyes can compliment a blouse, dress or jacket. Able to be tied in all manner of ways, scarves enhance any outfit and make a compelling fashion statement. It is my hope, that the woman who owns one of my scarves feels that she has an item that is something completely exclusive.
This is a perfect gift for a special friend or for yourself
Each scarf is created individually and there isn’t another one like it.
For many years, my dedication was to printmaking: intaglio, silkscreen and lithography. I studied at Montreal Museum of Fine Art, School of Art & Design and later went on to study Fine Art and Art Education, at University. My main interest was silkscreen, a technique which I practiced for many years. Now, I am working with natural dyes and Indigo shibori techniques.
My customers have described my naturally dyed scarves as delicate, eye-catching and desirable.
Please note that colours can appear different from one computer to the next.
I accept Returns, however some exceptions may apply
A 14 day return policy is in place for all fabric items (tunics, daypacks, scarves, bandanas, napkins) purchased through my website. This means that within 14 days of receiving your item, a request to return can be made
Please read before considering a return:
- Product satisfaction is important to me
- Return eligibility requires that the item must be in the same condition that you received it: unworn, unused, unwashed, with tags in place, original packaging. Proof of purchase is also required
- Please contact me before returning an item in order to inform me as to why you wish to return it
- A request for returning your item must be made within 14 days after receipt of the purchase
- Returns will be accepted and a refund issued after my consideration, that my return policy has been followed
- Return shipping costs will be borne by the purchaser
Care of instructions:
To keep this scarf in pristine condition, wash it in warm or cold water, using mild soap. Rinse thoroughly. To dry, roll the scarf between a towel and gently pat dry. If desired, it can be ironed at a low setting. A care instructions tag is attached to each scarf.